Table of Contents
What is a Print on Demand Business?
The Concepts of the Print on Demand Business
- Create printable designs on many products such as t-shirts, tote bags, glasses, jackets, etc. Then, promote your business to let people know where it is located.
- Display the products on online shops and wait for the customers’ demands.
- Orders will be forwarded to the POD (Print on Demand) provider or supplier whenever a buyer comes.
- Always be available to answer customers’ queries and complaints.
The Advantages of POD
- Low risk: There is no need to store goods in advance, so you will not make yourself puzzled by selling the stocks left.
- Early start: You can start producing with only one design.
- Very simple: Packings and deliveries are handled by the other parties. The supplier will take responsibilities to print the orders and to deliver them to buyers.
- More affordable: You can sell your products abroad by the worldwide shipping offered.
The Disadvantages of the POD Business
- Limited customization: The product types and materials are given by the supplier.
- Less profitable: You buy each product one by one from the producer each time you receive an order, so the price of each item is not very high.
- No direct delivery control: If the delivery fee is very cheap, it will take a longer time for the products to arrive. As a result, you will have to deal with the customers’ complaints yourself even though it is the supplier that handles the delivery duty.
Things to Master to Succeed in the POD Business
Choose an idea and niche
Decide the best and unique idea. Next, decide the market target and the characters of ideal customers. By choosing the niche, you will focus on the specific products. Niche also helps to choose the proper design that is offered by the store, to decide whether to create design by yourself or hire a professional designer, and to pick out the suitable POD partners.
Make a branding
Every aspect of branding such as the business name, the slogan and the email address will help you to get trust from the customers and your business is easy to remember. Make sure to register your new business to the official party. Here are some strategies to follow:
- Find your strength and uniqueness of your business over competitors.
- Decide the brand voice or the characters and communication style of a brand to customers based on the audience target.
- Choose the eye-catching and memorizable brand display.
- Create the best design. Make sure to have the right to copy and sell the design product to avoid lawbreaking of copyright and criminal sanctions. You can design by yourself or hire a professional designer.
- Create online shops. You can sell the products through social media, for example facebook, instagram, twitter, pinterest, etc. or e-commerce. Besides, you may also want to create your own business web. However, you can focus on the only one platform if you still doubt to sell in many platforms.
- Choose a print on demand provider. Pick out the suitable supplier based on your niche. Make sure some aspects, such as delivery fee, product options and customer care are well handled.
- Prepare the marketing well. Make sure you have made the best marketing strategy. Make use of the service of ads on google or facebook to optimize your sales and create your own social media.